Steven Shaw used to be a litigation attorney at Cravath, Swaine &gMoore, a New York law firm, and is now the online community managergfor eGullet.org and the Director of New Media Studies at thegInternational Culinary Center.
If Facebook wants to buy Instagram, just let it happen.
When I'm stumped by geopolitical challenges and I ask myself "What organization can really get the job done?" my answer is always "The United Nations."
Think the United States government has a chance in hell of beating Google's legal team? Think again.
Why should you pay for your porn instead of downloading it illegally? Because the consequences of doing so could be costly.
Google may have prevailed, but fundamentally it seems reasonable for the owner of Java to expect to profit when others profit from Java.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Five reasons you should pay for your porn
- 2 Why we need software patents, and yes, I'm smarter than you
- 3 Putting the United Nations in charge of the Internet is the best idea ever
- 4 How stupid do you have to be to think you'll have privacy on Facebook?
- 5 The backlash against IP trolls will leave everyone without rights