My BlackBerry Curve is now my main T-Mobile phone and I find that the 3rd party application support is just what I need to get things done and be productive. Google sent me an email to let me know that the Google Mobile App for BlackBerry devices is now available for free by visiting m.google.com from your BlackBerry browser.
As stated on the Google blog, you will get the following with this new Google App:
- Fast Google search - enter queries without waiting for a browser to load
- Search history - easily access and amend your previous queries
- Google Suggest - complete queries with less typing
- Easy access to Google products for your phone - click once to download and install our applications for BlackBerry, and get immediate access to our web-based services
- Google Apps support - get direct links to your Google Apps Calendar and Documents/Spreadsheets (select Menu, Options, Use Google Apps Domain: yes, and then enter your domain name)
- Update alerts - learn about new versions of downloadable Google mobile applications and upgrade with just one click (Google Mobile App replaces Google Updater for BackBerry)
They also give you a link to steps to take so you can assign the Google Mobile App to a convenience key on your device. I am going to go download and try it out right now.