Security researchers from Kaspersky Labs have intercepted a currently spamvertised Facebook scam, enticing users into clicking on a bogus video link.
The campaign is propagating using multiple themes. For instance:
- If you like Nutella, never look this video!!!
- Drill a tooth abscess! Disgusting :s
- Compilation of Embarrassing and Busted! Photos, Awesome :D
- Transgender 10-Year-Old, Boy Happier As A Girl !
- A Really Giant Baby ! Amazing it looks so real :D
- Air Race Plane Crashed in the crowd during a show !
- The worst thing that can happen to a girl!
- A fisherman catches a couple when they make ... :D
As always, the scammers are monetizing their clickjacking/likejacking campaign, by exposing Facebook's users to additional ads. Users who click on the video, will automatically re-post copy of the bogus video link on their walls.
Users are advised to user Firefox's NoScript extension to prevent clickjacking/likejacking attempts.