Just like their iPhone, Palm and Blackberry brethren, Windows Mobile users now have a native Facebook client for their cellphone. Snap2Face isn't an official effort but comes courtesy of New Jersey-based Magnifoca Inc.
Although I haven't had chance to test the application as I don't currently have access to a Windows Mobile device, here is a quick list of supported features:
- Set your status while on-the-go
- View friends' status and detailed information
- View friends' friends and send friendship requests
- Get notified of events like wall post, message, poke, and friend request
- View your pokes, wall, inbox, and friend requests, all in full text
- Poke friends, send message to friends, and post on friends' wall
- Access you and your friends' photo albums
- Ability to view, zoom in/out, and pan full-sized photos, and play slideshow
- Upload photos from built-in camera or file folder
- Import friends' profile photos to Outlook Contacts
- (photo Call ID)
Magnifoca says that Snap2Face has proven very popular during its beta period, and that the application meets pent up demand for a native Facebook app due to limitations of Pocket IE, the mobile browser that ships with most Win Mobile devices.
Snap2Face 1.0 is compatible with Windows Mobile 5.0/6.x (Pocket PC or smartphone), and is available as a free download from Magnifoca's website.