The HP Chromebook 11 is one of my favorite Chromebooks and if I don't see anything particularly compelling at CES, I may order one. Toshiba announced their first Chromebook, named Toshiba Chromebook, which comes with a 13.3-inch display.
Most of the new Chromebooks have the same display resolution, capabilities, and price. The Toshiba Chromebook's 13.3 inch display fits in between the 11 inch HP, Acer, and Samsung and 14 inch HP models. Unfortunately, the display resolution remains the same at 1366 x 768, which is the one thing that really bothers me about this generation device.
The Toshiba model is priced at only $279, for WiFi only, and does have an Intel Haswell processor for long battery life. It comes with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of integrated storage. It's expected to be available on February 16.
I am still looking for that Chromebook with a higher resolution display and Intel Haswell processor that is not priced like the Pixel. We'll see what else comes out of CES this week.
- HP Chromebook 14 review: Big display, bold colors, full keyboard
- HP Chromebook 11 available again, only at Amazon in blue
- HP Chromebook 11 hands on: Distraction-free writing with vivid display
- ZDNet Great Debate results: There are good reasons to buy a Chromebook
- Microsoft is missing the point with Chromebooks
- Acer announces Haswell-powered $300 touchscreen Chromebook