Another day, another two new Chromebooks get unwrapped. Hot on the heals of Lenovo's announcement of the N20 and N20p Chromebooks, Asus unveils the C200 and C300. The new Chromebooks come in two sizes and promise battery life of 10 hours.
The C200 and C300 Chromebooks are 11.6 and 13.3 inches, respectively. Both have Intel Bay Trail processors inside and either two or four GB of memory. This is coupled with either 16 or 32GB of storage.
|Processor||Intel Bay Trail N2830 2.42GHz||Intel Bay Trail N2830 2.42GHz|
|Display||11.6-inch, 1,366 x 768||13.3-inch, 1,366 x 768|
|Wireless||Wi-fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac2, BT 4.0||Wi-fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac2, BT 4.0|
|Ports||USB 3.0, USB 2.0, HDMI, audio, SD slot||USB 3.0, USB 2.0, HDMI, audio, SD slot|
|Dimensions||12.0 x 7.9 x 0.8 inches||13.0 x 9.1 x 0.9 inches|
|Weight||2.5 lbs||3.1 lbs|
Both the C200 and C300 Chromebooks have much the same hardware, with display size and system memory (2GB and 4GB) the primary differences. The larger C300 comes standard with 32GB of storage while the C200 is offered with either 16 or 32GB.
It is nice to see that Asus has included the faster 802.11ac in both of the Chromebooks. That is somewhat surprising for inexpensive laptops.
The only pricing Asus has given for the C200 and C300 is a starting price of $249.99. That's probably the C200, given the smaller size, although it is not clear. They will be available at the end of June.
Additional Chromebook coverage:
- Lenovo unveils two Chromebooks, including one with flex
- Chromebooks: Not much room for competition
- 11 tips and tricks for the Chromebook
- Acer C720P Chromebook (hands on): Touch at a reasonable price
- Day one with the Acer C720 Chromebook
- Acer C720 Chromebook first impressions: Fast and cheap
- Chromebooks: Unlikely battlefield for Intel vs. ARM
- HP Chromebook 11 hands on: Distraction-free writing with vivid display
- Google announces new Chrome devices from Acer, Asus, HP, and Toshiba
- Chromebook Pixel: One of the best laptops I've used
- Acer unveils first Chromebook with Haswell for $249
- Chromebook Pixel: 5 tips and trick
- Chromebook Pixel hands on (photos)