Cisco and its partner network will now resell Jive Software as a fully integrated component of the Cisco collaboration family, the companies announced Thursday.
The deal allows enterprises using Cisco's real-time communication offerings and Jive's collaboration platform to do so all from one workstream.
In recent weeks, there have been numerous rumors about Cisco acquiring Jive. Those rumors could have been tipped off based on partnership talks.
Jive and Cisco will also collaborate on product engineering through the deal, with the goal of delivering more integrated products to customers.
Jens Meggers, VP of Cisco's Cloud Collaboration Technology Group, said in prepared remarks:
We still live in a business world where we have a separation of communications activities and the collaboration activities to accomplish work. Now, with Cisco + Jive, you have two first-class offerings coming together to provide a powerful integrated experience.
- Cisco invests $150m in Internet of Things startups
- Cisco launches Managed Threat Defense security service
- Cisco expands security solutions with open platform, analytics
- Cisco's big cloud play: Why it had little choice
- Cisco joins cloud enterprise push with $1bn investment