High-profile integrator Cloud Sherpas, a closely aligned partner of leading cloud service providers including Salesforce, Google and ServiceNow, is investing $10 million over the next two years in a vendor-neutral advisory practice.
The team will initially include about two dozen consultants in the company's North America, Europe and Australia business division, the company said in a press release issued this morning.
The intention is to provide "broad and impartial guidance" to businesses that are considering cloud services deployments. It's a service that Cloud Sherpas already provides as part of its specific technology services projects, but the idea is to focus this team more explicitly on higher-level business and organizational issues related to infrastructure migrations or cloud solutions investments outside of any specific software sales agenda.
"More than any other IT services vendor, we understand the challenges companies face when moving to the cloud, and we've helping more companies get there successfully," said David Northington, CEO of the company, said in a statement. "Our new Cloud Advisory group perfectly balances our Technology Services business units and sets us up to offer the most complete offering to Global 200 companies."
The new group will be headed by Matthew Johnson, vice president of global cloud advisory services. It will focus on four specific areas:
- Cloud Strategy, including a shared vision of business drivers as perceived by executive stakeholders
- Platform Evaluation, for conducting vendor-neutral assessments of various technology options
- Business Capabilities, such as defining the future processes or services that could be enabled by cloud solutions
- Transformation Plan, or the roadmaps for a successful migration
Cloud Sherpas has completed more than 5,000 cloud implementations. It is a three-time Google Enterprise Partner of the Year (it just won this award again recently); a Platinum Salesforce.com Cloud Alliance Partner; and a ServiceNow Master Services partner, which is a designation held (so far) but just one other integrator, Fruition Partners. Other cloud platforms represented by Cloud Sherpas include Informatica, AirWatch, DocuSign and Twilio.
- Cloud Sherpas projects strong 2014
- 10 best integrators for Salesforce
- Cloud Sherpas eyes 40% growth for Salesforce practice
- Cloud Sherpas talks up growth for ServiceNow services
- Key Google cloud partner eyes vertical solutions
- Google recognizes key cloud partners at first global summit
- Cloud Sherpas releases open source framework for shortcutting Google Apps development