At first glance, the e-commerce giant looks like it might be doing a better job of balancing its workforce than some of its Silicon Valley neighbors.
Nevertheless, even eBay executives admitted in the report that they "still have much work to do."
Looking closer, eBay said that male employees account for 76 percent of tech jobs, with the remaining 24 percent held by women.
On a non-tech basis, the gender divide is considerably better. Female employees account for 49 percent of the non-tech workforce and men account for 51 percent.
However, male employees filled 72 percent of all leadership roles worldwide, while women only occupy 28 percent of those jobs.
Overall, the San Jose-headquartered corporation's workforce is split 58 percent male and 42 percent female.
Looking at ethnic diversity, eBay doesn't stand out from the rest of the tech industry either.
For example, as of June 30, 72 percent of all leadership roles (and 60 percent of all jobs in general) were held by white employees.
The only metric called out by eBay in its report not dominated by white employees was tech, where 55 percent of these jobs are held by Asian employees.
Yet Hispanic, black, and multi-racial employees only accounted for single-digit fractions on each metric.
One spot where eBay did differentiate itself (at least by including it in the report) was with LGBT employees.
Touting to "have received a perfect score" according to the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index every year since 2009, eBay asserted it "actively" recruits from the LGBT community and supports treating same-gender and heterosexual spouses equally under changes to the federal H1B visa program.
To further boost diversity, eBay defended it is working with a spread of external organizations, including Black Planet, Black Women Connect, African American Careers, National Society of Hispanic MBA’s and "several others."
Internally, eBay continues to foster its own Women’s Initiative Network, launched by CEO and president John Donahoe approximately three years ago, for boosting the number of women in leadership roles within the company.
Chart via eBay