Facebook reported a strong fourth quarter as earnings and revenue topped expectations and the company had 757 million daily active users and 556 million mobile daily active users.
The company reported fourth quarter earnings of $523 million, or 30 cents a share, on revenue of $2.58 billion, up 63 percent from a year ago. Non-GAAP fourth quarter earnings were 31 cents a share.
Wall Street was expecting fourth quarter earnings of 27 cents a share on revenue of $2.33 billion.
For 2013, Facebook reported earnings of $1.50 billion, or 60 cents a share, on revenue of $7.87 billion, up 55 percent from a year ago.
A few metrics:
- Monthly active users in December were 1.23 billion.
- Monthly mobile active users were 945 million in December.
- Revenue from advertising was $2.34 billion, up 76 percent from a year ago. Of that sum, 53 percent was mobile.
- Facebook improved its fourth quarter operating margin to 44 percent, up from 33 percent a year ago.
- Research and development spending in 2013 was $1.41 billion, up a smidge from $1.4 billion in 2012.