3 of 10Image
Windows Phone 8 runs well on the Lumia 810
Specifications and walk around the hardware
Specifications of the Nokia Lumia 820 include:
- Windows Phone 8 OS
- 4.3 inch AMOLED ClearBlack display with 800x480 pixels
- Qualcomm S4 1.5 GHz dual-core processor
- Total integrated storage of 8GB with microSD card support
- 1GB RAM
- 8 megapixel camera with dual LED flash and F2.2 aperture, Carl Zeiss optics, and 1080p recording
- 1.2 megapixel front facing camera
- NFC, GPS, digital compass, proximity sensor, light sensor
- 802.11 a/b/g/n WiFi
- Bluetooth 3.0
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Removable 1,650 mAh Li-Ion polymer battery
- Qi wireless charging capable (with optional back)
- Dimensions of 4.88 x 2.69 x 0.38 inches and 5.57 ounces
While the Lumia 810 is a mid-range Windows Phone device, consumers may like that it has a removable battery and expandable storage capability. I do like that it comes in black with back cover options in red, blue, yellow, white, and black. I have purchased colored devices before and then was not that happy with my choice so with the option to change the back you have a device that you can have full control of.
The front is dominated by the 4.3 inch ClearBlack AMOLED display and even though the resolution is the same as all last generation Windows Phone devices it still looks great. Nokia's ClearBlack technology really makes the blacks dark and thus everything else pops off the screen. Nokia included the touch sensitivity found in the Lumia 920 on the Nokia Lumia 810. There is a toggle for the sensitivity too in case you don't need to use gloves or a fingernail with the display. The headset speaker is above the display with the front-facing camera to the right of the speaker. Below the display you will find the Back, Start, and Bing search buttons.
The 3.5mm audio jack is off to the right side on the top. The volume, power, and camera buttons are all on the right, nothing is on the left, and the microUSB port is on the bottom. The camera is centered on the upper back with the dual LED flash to the left of the camera lens (will be on top in landscape orientation).
The back cover is removable and it actually consists of the back and four sides. Under the back cover you will find the microSIM card slot with the microSD card slot positioned above it. The 1,650 mAh battery is removable.