3 of 10Image
Windows: Step 2
Once you are at the Control Panel:
- Go to Java (32/64-bit) and this will load up the appropriate settings.
Windows: Step 3
Once you are in the Java Control Panel, you can now disable the software from running in your browser.
- Hit the Security tab.
- On the Security settings, uncheck the box saying Enable Java content in the browser.
- Hit Apply then OK.
You should now have disabled Java in Windows.
OS X: Step 1
To disable Java in Mac OS X, follow these instructions.
- Go to the Apple symbol () in the menu bar.
- Select System Preferences.
- On System Preferences, type in Java and select the highlighted panel.