2 of 10Image
There are just too many apps to mention, but I'm going to list a few that I use regularly, along with why I find them useful.
- A good browser, such as Google Chrome;
- Evernote: which is an excellent replacement to keeping things in my head!
- iA Writer: for distraction-free writing;
- Documents To Go: to allow me to open those pesky Microsoft Office documents people send me;
- LogMeIn: to allow me to access my PCs and Macs remotely;
- Skype, to keep in touch with others and collaborate;
- Parallels Mobile and VMware View Client: to allow me to access virtual machines remotely;
- Pocket Informant: to store all my appointments, tasks, and to-do lists;
- Photoshop Express: to edit images;
- pwSafe password manager: because VylN74^VVc91% is hard to remember!
- Starbucks: not just for the coffee injection but also because it's easy way to find Wi-Fi in most populated places.
There are many more, some of which I've covered here. Bottom line is though, if you want to be effective when on the move, you're going to have to invest in the right apps.
Image source: VMware/Apple.