While searching both the Google and Amazon website a couple days ago, I do this a few times a week, I found that the blue model is back and placed my order. I tested the HP Chromebook 14 and still think the HP Chromebook 11 is the best value Chromebook available today.
One of the reasons I prefer the HP Chromebook 11 is the microUSB charging port. This allows me to travel with one charger for my phones and the Chromebook. This is also the reason that HP recalled the device, there was an overheating issue with the charger. This updated offering ships with a new charger, but there are no other changes with the Chromebook itself.
The only Chromebook 11 I can find available is the blue and white model. I originally had a green and white one and previously HP and Google offered the device in red, yellow, green, and blue. I'm sure we will see the other colors made available soon, but I'm fine with the blue model and look forward to having a Chromebook again.
To help offset the cost of the device, I am planning to return the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover I just purchased for my iPad Mini with Retina display because it is just too cramped for me to enter text efficiently. I plan to use the HP Chromebook 11 for writing blog posts and sticking with the iPad Mini for primarily media usage.
- HP Chromebook 11 hands on: Distraction-free writing with vivid display
- HP Chromebook 14 review: Big display, bold colors, full keyboard
- ZDNet Great Debate results: There are good reasons to buy a Chromebook
- Microsoft is missing the point with Chromebooks
- Acer announces Haswell-powered $300 touchscreen Chromebook
- Alas, poor HP Chromebook 11, I returned you today