If you were hoping to see the next HTC One device at Mobile World Congress next week you can now cross that off your list as HTC just sent out press invites for a 'Flagship Smartphone Announcement' taking place in New York and London on 25 March. I will be there with my trusty HTC One in hand and bring you all the news about this next device.
HTC just announced their HTC Advantage program for the US market. It looks like March is going to be a busy month for HTC and I hope this new device can help bring back some stability to the company.
Samsung is holding an Unpacked event the day before Mobile World Congress where it is highly likely they will be showing off the new Samsung Galaxy S5 and maybe even an updated Galaxy Gear. With HTC's event a month after Samsung, it is going to be interesting to see who can get their new device into the hands of consumers first.
The HTC One was universally reviewed with very high marks, most of the time higher than the Galaxy S4, yet it didn't have the sales HTC needed to strengthen their place in the market. Apple has shown that a single new device can result in financial success and 2014 is definitely the year HTC needs to make it big.
- My year with the HTC One; still my favorite smartphone of all time
- Top 10 smartphones of 2013: There's One that's best
- The HTC One is the best smartphone I have ever used (review)
- An HTC One without Sense is not an HTC One
- On Apple iPhone 5s launch day, I bought a Verizon blue HTC One
- Verizon HTC One vs. Motorola Droid Maxx: I still prefer the One
- T-Mobile HTC One: World's best smartphone on US best value major carrier