5 of 6Image
Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover
Very lightweight and thin, but feels fragile to me.
- Solid piece of kit
- Adds very little bulk to the iPad
- Very responsive keyboard
- Keyboard can be charged from a USB port
- Offers little protection for the iPad
Logitech Solar Keyboard Folio
This is my current iPad keyboard case of choice. I've written tens of thousands of words on this keyboard, and it is accurate and nice to work on for extended periods. It also offers some—but not much—protection to the iPad.
- Keyboard recharges using a solar panel
- Solar panel works with natural and artificial light
- Offers decent protection for the iPad
- Dual-position keyboard allows it to be used as a media keyboard
- Bluetooth keyboard activates automatically
- Outer not very durable
- No way to keep cover closed
- Solar panels are underneath the keyboard when in use, and therefore don't charge the device
Bonus: ClamCase Pro
This one is not out yet—it ships in March—but it's the smartest, most beautifully engineered iPad case to day. With this case you can turn the iPad into what looks, feels, and essentially works, like a MacBook Air.
- Very well made
- Sturdy, and offers a fair bit of protection for the iPad
- Well-engineered keyboard
- No backlight on the keys