A bulletin board troll in the 1980s, David Braue has been online long enough to remember using the text-based Lynx browser to visit www.ibm.com, one of around 100 Web sites available back then. Telecoms has remained an obsession as he developed ever more complicated schemes to stay in touch with family overseas without going broke. After more than a decade covering Australia's ICT industry - and watching our telcos stumble time and again - he's eager to call them to task.
Latest articles from David Braue
Stephen Conroy is using FttP to court regional centres, with the promise of things to come under Labor. Can he convince the bush that FttN won't help them — or can Turnbull save face with unsold 700MHz spectrum?
The online retailing arm of Coles has dramatically improved the visibility of its operations with a growing roster of real-time dashboards that have given it unprecedented control over its server loads and customer experience.
Stephen Conroy and Malcolm Turnbull's online debate proved that there's no love lost between the two NBN visionaries — and that Turnbull's strategy is based on blind optimism about Telstra's generosity.
- Aussies careless with online security: PayPal
- Google boss defends British tax affairs
- The new digital customer journey: Cross-channel, mobile, social, self-service, and engaged
- The current state of technical certification and IT jobs in America
- Yahoo pulls trigger on $1 billion-plus Tumblr buy
- Luxury iPhone, iPad cases