Latest articles from Josh Taylor
Telecommunications companies have argued that the period of mandatory data-retention in Australia should be less than two years, while law-enforcement agencies have indicated that they would like the data retained for as long as possible.
Although the man involved in a fatal siege in Sydney on Monday was well known to police and out on bail, Prime Minister Tony Abbott has said that retaining every Australians' telecommunications data for two years may have helped police in the incident.
Triple Zero will soon be able to automatically obtain the location of mobile callers using tower information shared by Australia's three mobile network operators.
- BlackBerry Classic arrives touting what's old is new again
- Salesforce releases universal file sharing service Files Connect
- One month with the Sony Xperia Z3: 10 reasons it's my favorite Android smartphone
- Red Hat joins the IBM Power8 party
- Bluster, bravado and breaches: Today's 'terrorist' players in cybersecurity
- Rackspace joins OpenPOWER