Phil Dobbie has a wealth of radio and business experience. He started his career in commercial radio in the UK and, since coming to Australia in 1991, has held senior marketing and management roles with Telstra, OzEmail, the British Tourist Authority and other telecommunications, media, travel and advertising businesses.
Latest articles from Phil Dobbie
Almost 300,000 Australian records of phone metadata were accessed last year, without the need for surveillance warrants. All thanks to legislation written well before the advent of the internet or the mobile phone.
Malcolm Turnbull has criticised the NBN approach for ignoring the VDSL potential in areas currently slated for wireless coverage. When you look at the current ADSL penetration in these areas you can see, he has a point.
If you live in an apartment, you're less likely to have broadband than those living in a stand-alone home. Why is that?
- ThinkPad Helix: Expensive hybrid for the enterprise
- Film: High risk reporting along China's Great Firewall in High Tech, Low Life
- Tibet's Web, phone users require real name registration
- Rocket Internet's Lazada gets $100M funding from investors
- Intel joins Samsung, Qualcomm in Alliance for Wireless Power
- Youku Tudou, Qualcomm collaborate on HEVC tech for mobile