Latest articles from Stilgherrian
Attorney-General Brandis has co-opted the Charlie Hebdo massacre and Sydney's Martin Place siege into his fight for data retention, a glorious victory of efficiency over logic.
Kim Dotcom's gift to the hacker crew behind the Sony PlayStation and Microsoft Xbox networks attacks brought temporary relief, but it sets a bad example for the longer term.
The Sony Pictures Entertainment hack is certainly a custard duck of fabulous proportions, but it ain't no cyberwar -- and the media should know this by now.
- Sky signs mobile deal with O2 for 'quad-play' move
- Samsung's biggest headache isn't Apple, it's China
- 1Gbps broadband coming to the UK with BT's G.fast plan
- Jolla takes second bite at crowdfunding with a 64GB Sailfish OS tablet
- Machine learning face-off: Microsoft uses Band to show what its Watson rival is capable of
- The growing digital divide and the strategic inertia that can kill