A 23-year veteran of SAP BusinessObjects, Elliott works closely with SAP development and innovation centers around the world on new technology directions.
His popular Business Analytics blog at timoelliott.com tracks innovation in analytics and social media, including topics such as big data, collaborative decision-making, and social analytics.
Prior to Business Objects, Elliott was a computer consultant in Hong Kong and led analytics projects for Shell in New Zealand. He holds a first-class honors degree in Economics with Statistics from Bristol University, England.
Latest articles from Timo Elliott
Sponsored by SAP
The race is on to close the gap between "information anarchy" and "information democracy" with governed data discovery.
In the buzz around Big Data, it’s worth remembering that analytics is as old as business computing itself.
- IBM board adds Johnson & Johnson CEO, former Royal Dutch Shell CEO
- IAC's Tutor.com buys The Princeton Review: Can these models, platforms merge?
- Google fixes Android's Fake ID security hole
- Twitter's Q2 not nearly as bad as expected; bolstered by World Cup
- BlackBerry's Passport: Crazy enough for work?
- Can becoming an Apple Store for enterprises reverse IBM's decline?