A 23-year veteran of SAP BusinessObjects, Elliott works closely with SAP development and innovation centers around the world on new technology directions.
His popular Business Analytics blog at timoelliott.com tracks innovation in analytics and social media, including topics such as big data, collaborative decision-making, and social analytics.
Prior to Business Objects, Elliott was a computer consultant in Hong Kong and led analytics projects for Shell in New Zealand. He holds a first-class honors degree in Economics with Statistics from Bristol University, England.
Latest articles from Timo Elliott
Sponsored by SAP
The race is on to close the gap between "information anarchy" and "information democracy" with governed data discovery.
In the buzz around Big Data, it’s worth remembering that analytics is as old as business computing itself.
- Google Docs adds way to suggest edits to Office files without Office
- ASIMO agile and responsive robot is poised to replace humans
- Face-off: Sculley's Octopus versus the Zenfone and Mi3 in India's new smartphone wars
- Decibullz earphones: Custom molded, inexpensive, and built for fitness
- Firefox adds anti-malware file reputation service
- Six clicks: Microsoft Word tricks to make you an instant expert