Latest articles from Brian Sommer
Here's a look at the big stories that somehow didn't get much coverage or got overlooked altogether. Some of these bits, by themselves, weren't big stories; but when lots of vendors do the same thing, a trend emerges.
Businesses and Consumers both rely heavily on the information they find on the Internet. They get smart about their problems, potential solutions, possible vendors to contract with, etc. In fact, they may not contact your firm until well into the sales cycle. But, those firms who put few knowledge 'assets' on the internet may be seriously limiting their sales. Read on to see some smarter approaches emerging today.
The war for talent is definitely heating up and the best HR executives are adopting non-traditional technologies, innovative recruitment strategies and more to attract and retain talent. Read on to get a taste what surfaced from a number of interviews with leading HR executives.
- Identity and access management as a service gets boost with SailPoint's IdentityNow cloud
- European Commission clears Microsoft's Nokia purchase
- New USB plug coming: Good news, bad news
- Should Windows consumer and enterprise flavors remain in sync?
- Google's robots' connective tissue: Android, cloud
- Gartner: Semiconductor revenue and server shipments up, but server revenue down