Latest articles from Brian Sommer
Made-up words were in abundance during this fall's software conference season. Your dauntless reporter traveled the world to bring back the latest in tech marketing speak. If you want to sound like you're current with today's dubious jargon, here's a quick primer to get you all caught up.
Powerful Human Resources analytic tools were in abundance at the recent HR Technology show in Vegas. But can/will HR departments buy these solutions? Probably not -- unless the HR group itself changes.
For years, IT departments have had tools to measure up-time and other metrics. But other internal operational groups often possess fewer of these tools. That isn't right. New taxonomies, tools andanalytics are needed in non-IT spaces.
- No place like drone: Can unmanned aerial vehicles find their place in Europe?
- IBM teams with Chinese ISP Tencent to advance cloud portfolio
- The future of big data storage will be on Hadoop, Actian predicts
- Piracy cat is out of the data-retention bag: Ludlam
- Privacy Commissioner, ACMA ink deal to ease duplication
- Acquia reaps reward from demand for unified platform