Latest articles from Ed Bott
Dropbox has become one of the world's most popular cloud storage services by focusing on consumers. But businesses have different needs, and a recent controversial move by the company offers an opportunity to take a fresh look at alternative services that might be more suitable for your business.
For years, one of the best bargains in tech was Microsoft's free Custom Domains service, which allowed anyone to assign a custom domain to free Hotmail and Outlook.com accounts. Effective today, Microsoft has begun "winding down" the service.
This week Windows XP ended an amazing run of more than 12 years, but its influence lives on. Here's a brief history of Windows in the 21st Century.
- End of the line coming for Apple iChat log-ins to AIM on older Macs
- ZDNetGovWeek: Lavabit, NSA, financial services on the front-lines, and Mt. Gox still unhelpful about Bitcoin theft
- The enterprise products with disruptive potential for 2014
- Fourteen game-changing enterprise products for 2014
- 10 good arguments for enterprise app stores
- Microservers and the hurry up and wait conundrum