John Morris is a former executive editor at CNET Networks and senior editor at PC Magazine. He now works for a private investment firm, which may at any time invest in companies whose products are discussed in this blog, and no disclosure of securities transactions will be made. No investment advice is offered in this blog. All duties are disclaimed.
Latest articles from John Morris
Now in its 26th year, Hot Chips has always been about the big, power-hungry chips that power the world’s fastest servers. But this year ARM crashed the party.
At Hot Chips, Nvidia revealed some of Denver's surprises and showed the first performance test results for this souped-up version of the Tegra K1 processor designed for smartphones, tablets and Chromebooks.
Intel says that after some delays its 14nm technology is back on track and provides some new details on the technology and the first Broadwell processors due later this year.
- Practical steps towards securing the enterprise cloud
- A fresh start for broadband? 'Unblock Italy' decree set to pave the way for faster connections
- Syber's Vapor Xtreme gaming console to ship with Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 graphics card
- Kim Dotcom's Internet Party bombs out of New Zealand election
- Top iOS news of the week: iPhone 6 ships, iOS 8 arrives, top iPhones get iWork
- When it comes to smartphones, size matters