John Morris is a former executive editor at CNET Networks and senior editor at PC Magazine. He now works for a private investment firm, which may at any time invest in companies whose products are discussed in this blog, and no disclosure of securities transactions will be made. No investment advice is offered in this blog. All duties are disclaimed.
Latest articles from John Morris
Once a niche, high-performance computing has become a key growth area for the tech industry. Intel’s announcements at Supercomputing 13 today---including new details of a completely redesigned Many Integrated Core processor—show just how important technical computing has become.
Supercomputing 13, which takes place in Denver this week, began with the announcement of the latest Top500 list of the world’s fastest computers and Nvidia's release of the Tesla K40 accelerator.
Dell unveiled a line of Venue Windows 8 and Android tablets, an 11-inch hybrid and a couple premium XPS Ultrabooks that it hopes will shake the PC market out its slump.
- Facebook hires chief for new artificial intelligence lab
- Motorola Moto G review: Well-built and affordable, but slow
- Microsoft should make 'its widely disliked Windows 8' a free upgrade, says analyst
- Google scraps $300m datacentre in Hong Kong
- Report: Risk of an Uncertain Security Strategy
- French government CA attempts to explain certificate spoofing