John Morris is a former executive editor at CNET Networks and senior editor at PC Magazine. He now works for a private investment firm, which may at any time invest in companies whose products are discussed in this blog, and no disclosure of securities transactions will be made. No investment advice is offered in this blog. All duties are disclaimed.
Latest articles from John Morris
Now in its 26th year, Hot Chips has always been about the big, power-hungry chips that power the world’s fastest servers. But this year ARM crashed the party.
At Hot Chips, Nvidia revealed some of Denver's surprises and showed the first performance test results for this souped-up version of the Tegra K1 processor designed for smartphones, tablets and Chromebooks.
Intel says that after some delays its 14nm technology is back on track and provides some new details on the technology and the first Broadwell processors due later this year.
- North Korea cyber warfare capabilities exposed
- iPhone 6: Can Apple make pay-by-smartphone work this time?
- Tests compare Mac OS X anti-malware products
- YouTube launches fan funding for independent content creators
- Drone captures progress of Apple's 'spaceship' campus project
- Asia and Oceania set to lead global M2M growth: Ovum