Latest articles from Larry Barrett
Hackers are now targeting cloud-based apps and systems almost as much as on-premise environments, particularly with so-called brute force attacks and vulnerability scans.
Venture capitalists invested more money into fewer deals during the first quarter of the year as software startups continued to garner the lion's share of new funding.
Worldwide semiconductor equipment spending slumped to $33.8 billion last year, down 11.5 percent, as chipmakers focused more on upgrades and new-technology buys rather than ramping up capacity.
- Cheap Black Friday/Cyber Monday Android tablets riddled with vulnerabilities and security headaches
- Top Android news of the week: Todoist, Pebble Watch, $5,000 phone
- Cisco elevates patent battle against Arista with ITC complaint
- Serious NTP security holes have appeared and are being exploited
- Staples: 1.16 million cards possibly vulnerable in data attack
- Sony hack: How cybercrime just got even more complicated