Most recently, he served as the online news editor for 1105 Media's Office Technology Group and as the online managing editor for SourceMedia's Investment Advisory Group publications Financial Planning, On Wall Street and Bank Investment Consultant. He was also a senior writer and editor at Ziff Davis Media's Baseline Magazine, winner of the Jesse H. Neal National Business Journalism Award, and ZDNet. In addition, he's served as a senior writer and editor at prominent technology and business websites including CNET, InternetNews.com, Multichannel News and the San Jose Business Journal.
Latest articles from Larry Barrett
Worldwide semiconductor equipment spending slumped to $33.8 billion last year, down 11.5 percent, as chipmakers focused more on upgrades and new-technology buys rather than ramping up capacity.
Cloud computing experts from Oracle, Verizon Terremark, NetApp and Cloudera offered up their mostly optimistic short- and long-term outlooks for the enterprise cloud during a panel at Interop Las Vegas.
A U.S. District judge in Manhattan has sentenced Scot Zarkiewicz to 63 months in prison and ordered him to forfeit $5.5 million in assets after the former CEO of SingleClick Systems copped to defrauding 35 victims of more than $6.3 million in a private-stock scam.
- Nike reportedly getting out of the activity tracking hardware business
- Microsoft corrects Windows XP/Security Essentials bug
- Apple v. Samsung, part deux: Experts quibble over what the survey really says
- Ubuntu 14.04: Smoother than earlier versions (Gallery)
- Hands on with Ubuntu 14.04: The best Ubuntu desktop ever
- Samsung's fingerprint flop latest biometric cautionary tale