Latest articles from Larry Dignan
Amazon CTO Werner Vogels, chief of Amazon Web Services, says hybrid cloud is important to the company. He also discusses AWS' approach to legacy infrastructure, big data and mobile.
Insights, which was launched in March, is an example of how applications monitoring and analytics is merging to some degree with business intelligence.
IBM's bet is that the next decade will feature systems---cognitive, synaptic and quantum computing to name a few---that will need new processor technologies.
- Microsoft acquires disaster recovery solutions firm InMage to strengthen Azure
- 'Much ado about nothing': Are Italy's 2,300 startups reason to be cheerful?
- Apple's iPhone branded a 'national security concern'
- Gmail app on iOS vulnerable to snooping, thanks to 'certificate pinning' flaw
- Amazon seeks approval for drone tests closer to home
- Silent Circle takes on Skype, mobile telcos with encrypted landline calling