Latest articles from Larry Seltzer
[UPDATED 2X] A Google researcher found a privilege elevation bug in Windows. After 90 days he made it public. He gives no indication that he contacted Microsoft.
The only real surprise I see is a good one having to do with Windows XP and Office 2003. There was other good news and lots of bad.
Microsoft's Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) tightens the security screws in Windows and applications. It's set up for enterprise deployment and management.
- How to watch the Super Bowl over the Internet
- Microsoft pushes Windows Server 'Next' back to 2016
- Verizon Wireless will allow users to opt out of undeletable 'supercookies'
- Mark your calendars: Amazon Web Services transparency on deck
- Samsung to acquire Simpress, Brazil printing service company
- Some first impressions of Windows 10