Latest articles from Larry Seltzer
[UPDATED 2X] A Google researcher found a privilege elevation bug in Windows. After 90 days he made it public. He gives no indication that he contacted Microsoft.
The only real surprise I see is a good one having to do with Windows XP and Office 2003. There was other good news and lots of bad.
Microsoft's Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) tightens the security screws in Windows and applications. It's set up for enterprise deployment and management.
- Grabit campaign spies on SMBs, steals sensitive data
- Tablets with wireless data plans expected to gain share, says IDC
- Todoist: Getting things done with an Apple Watch
- How Google and Apple are battling for your digital wallet
- Avago to buy Broadcom for $37 billion
- Pebble Time review roundup: Long battery life and limited iOS functionality