Latest articles from Larry Seltzer
[UPDATED 2X] A Google researcher found a privilege elevation bug in Windows. After 90 days he made it public. He gives no indication that he contacted Microsoft.
The only real surprise I see is a good one having to do with Windows XP and Office 2003. There was other good news and lots of bad.
Microsoft's Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) tightens the security screws in Windows and applications. It's set up for enterprise deployment and management.
- Thousands of iOS apps left open to snooping thanks to SSL bug
- Data security in the cloud
- Tata invests in Xiaomi's Indian business
- ACCC warns site-blocking Bill may be used to 'intimidate' VPN users
- Google says Chinese Great Cannon shows need to encrypt web
- Hologram Stephen Hawking visits Australia with TelePresence