Latest articles from Larry Seltzer
[UPDATED 2X] A Google researcher found a privilege elevation bug in Windows. After 90 days he made it public. He gives no indication that he contacted Microsoft.
The only real surprise I see is a good one having to do with Windows XP and Office 2003. There was other good news and lots of bad.
Microsoft's Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) tightens the security screws in Windows and applications. It's set up for enterprise deployment and management.
- Severe hotel Wi-Fi network vulnerability patched
- As launch nears, iOS apps get Apple Watch support
- Zero Day Weekly: China leads global cyberattacks, Dell malware risk, air gap hacking
- UK gov't launches hackathon for next-gen cybersecurity specialists
- BlackBerry turns Q4 profit, but revenue continues to crater
- PhishMe raises $13m to train enterprise staff in phishing detection