She has previously worked for The Business Insider, FastCompany.com, CNN's San Francisco bureau and the U.S. Department of State. Rachel has also written for MainStreet.com, Irish America Magazine and the New York Daily News, among others.
Rachel has a B.A. in Mass Communications and History from the University of California, Berkeley and a M.S. in Journalism from Columbia University, where she served as art director for the student magazine, Plated.
In her spare time, she enjoys playing trumpet, learning rock climbing and archery, and listening to NPR's Pop Culture Happy Hour. Someday she also will be perfectly fluent in both French and Spanish. Someday.
Latest articles from Rachel King
It's tech week on Wall Street, and there are a lot of frightful mixed bags out there at the end of October.
Twitter is also stepping away from the traditional password login with a new method that is actually more old school than you think.
UPDATED: VMware's CFO credited the uptick to the virtualization company's "newer businesses," which he defined as mobility, networking, storage, and hybrid cloud.
- Apple plans to open 25 new stores in China by 2016
- Graphene breakthrough hints at smartphone batteries that could last 25 percent longer
- Samsung rolls out 10.1-inch Galaxy Tab 4 Nook tablet for $299.99
- Clise proposes high-rise datacenter for Seattle
- NBN-Telstra deal 'in the home stretch'
- OAIC privacy complaints pass 4,000