Latest articles from Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols
Coverity, a company specializing in software quality and security testing solutions, finds that open source programs tend to have fewer errors than proprietary programs.
But where's the final release of Red Hat's flagship Linux server distribution?
People assumed that open source software is somehow magical, that it's immune to ordinary programming mistakes and security blunders. It's not.
- Portable storage solutions for professionals
- Google algorithm busts CAPTCHA with 99.8 percent accuracy
- TI's support of Apple's iBeacon adds enterprise, IoT heft
- CliQr launches cloud marketplace featuring 100 open source apps
- Can 'pay with your palm' biometrics help break Sweden's card addiction?
- Wearable tech gloves that will change the way we make music