It's show time: The OracleWorld and Seybold conferences step into the spotlight this coming week, as the fall trade show season gets underway.
OracleWorld takes place as the database and business software giant gears up to report its earnings. It is expected to feature Dell founder Michael Dell and Intel CEO Craig Barrett as keynote speakers.
Events scheduled this week:
Sunday, Sept. 7
- Grid computing and Oracle's latest database will be among the topics discussed at the industry
Monday, Sept. 8
- Hot off the presses. Publishing and technology players are expected to converge at this media technology event, to learn the latest in Quark and Web design at Seybold San Francisco 2003, Sept. 8-12, San Francisco.
- Educational seminars on customer relationship management (CRM) software will cover tips on picking a CRM vendor, among other topics, at Gartner's CRM Fall Summit, Sept. 8-10, Los Angeles.
- Sessions on topics ranging from application security to designing secure Web sites are on the schedule for the Network & Security Conference, Sept. 8-10, Las Vegas.
Wednesday, Sept. 10
- Adobe Systems develops publishing software. It is expected to report a third-quarter profit of 25 cents a share.
- Oracle develops database and applications software. The company is expected to report a first-quarter profit of 8 cents a share.
- Producer Price Index is a broad measure of the price of goods at the wholesale level. August growth is expected to climb to 0.3 percent, compared with 0.1 percent the previous month.
- Retail Sales measures total receipts from U.S. stores. Growth for August is expected to drop to 0.9 percent, from 1.4 percent the previous month. Excluding auto sales, growth is expected to fall to 0.6 percent, compared with 0.8 percent in the prior period.