Some Lumia 900 owners that had been stuck on Windows Phone 7 after Nokia paused the deployment of Windows Phone 7.8 are now starting once again to get the update.
Nokia began rolling out Windows Phone 7.8 in January, yet many Nokia Lumia 800, 900 and 610 owners were left waiting for the update.
Software build number 2175.2307.8862.13100 is available via the Zune PC App for Windows. According to Nokia's support page for the Lumia 900, updates include:
- New start screen experience with resizable tiles: to change the size, tap and hold the live tile
- Theme colors added Lock screen improvements: Bing photo of the day as wallpaper, and accidental input protection for the security code
- Operating system version 7.10.8862.144
- Fix for functionality issues with Live Tiles, such as Live Tiles not updating
- After the update, check out Nokia Collection in Marketplace for new or updated Nokia apps
A Nokia spokesperson told ZDNet it had resumed the 7.8 update for all models on Windows Phone 7.5 "over a month ago" and Nokia's global 7.8 support page indicates that should have been completed in batches by the end of April. Delivery of the update however depends on the customer's mobile carrier.