The new Appstore has categories for Sports & Fitness, Daily, Remotes, Games, Notifications, and Tools & Utilities. In addition to being a smartwatch user, I also like using activity trackers and with SDK 2.0 I may finally see a fitness app that lets me just wear my Pebble without having to also carry a tracker.
Paid applications will not be supported in this new Pebble Appstore, however companion apps for iOS and Android that appear in those respective stores can be paid apps. Third party app stores, such as the excellent MyPebbleFaces.com will continue to work as the folks at Pebble appreciate all of the hard work of developers and enthusiasts.
- Pebble announces iOS 7 notification support and SDK 2.0
- Hands-on with the Pebble e-paper watch (gallery)
- iPhone, Android smartphone users can now track activities with RunKeeper on Pebble
- Pebble comes to Best Buy; Five reasons to pick one up
- Five reasons I prefer the Pebble smartwatch over the Samsung Galaxy Gear