14 of 14Image
Your macro will record as you click or manipulate your browser (such as opening a new tab, or refreshing the page). You need to recreate a single step of deleting (or hiding) a post or comment on your timeline, and then seeing if the macro reproduces. Don't expect perfect results first time.
The macro is generated in such a way that it's quite easy to see what is happening on each line -- even if you are not a developer. There's also plenty of support out there for iMacros users.
9. Start off by clicking Record on the Rec tab.
10. Click on the hollow circle and select Delete post or Hidden from Timeline.
11. Select the Delete button if a dialog appears.
12. Stop the recording by selecting the Stop button from the sidebar.
13. On the Play tab, run the macro to see if it reproduces what you just did. You can also loop play the macro to see if it repeats over a number of instances.
Again, this is not an exact science. Facebook does seem to be playing difficult in this, but can you blame them? The last thing Facebook wants is for you to delete your data. It sustains their business model of serving targeted advertisements based on the content you post.
14. One thing you can do to prevent unnecessary refreshing is to remove the URL GOTO line, often the third line in your code. You can access this dialog box by selecting the Edit tab and Edit Macro from the sidebar.
Note: You will, with this method, need to intervene at times, switch modes, and alter your macro. Others no doubt will offer suggestions in the comments, so keep your eyes peeled.
If it helps -- perhaps it will, perhaps it won't -- this is the code that I used during the deletion process. It worked sporadically at best, but perhaps it will work for you. Other methods exist, but because of how Facebook works, often runtime errors can occur, forcing the macro to shut down unexpectedly. If you have an Android phone, there's an app for that, too.VERSION BUILD=7401110 RECORDER=FXTAB T=1TAG POS=1 TYPE=I ATTR=CLASS:mrs<SP>defaultIcon<SP>customimg<SP>img<SP>sp_8cd3nf<SP>sx_253349TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Delete<SP>post...TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON ATTR=NAME:ok&&VALUE:Delete<SP>postREFRESHREFRESH