17 of 28Image
Because of Facebook's security system, where your mobile can be used to access your profile and account, you will need to enter your password in.
2. Enter your password and hit Confirm.
Facebook will shortly be sending you a confirmation text message to verify your phone. First, it needs a few details from you.
3. Choose the country your phone number is registered to. For +1 numbers, select the United States. For +44 numbers, select the United Kingdom, for example.
4. Select your mobile network from the list. If it does not appear, you will not be able to use Facebook Mobile.
From here, you will need to text Facebook a message to prove that it is you. Follow the on-screen instructions.
5. Once you receive a text message back, type in the code in the box provided.
6. Here is the crucial thing. Ensure that the first box is not checked so you do not make your mobile number available to others.
7. If you wish, however, for friends to send messages directly to your mobile, while not disclosing your mobile number, check this box.