12 of 12Image
Where you should be: Profile > Edit Profile > Contact information tab.
- - -
1. Recommended setting for Personal email addresses should be set to Only me or Friends. Remember, you can also use lists to hide certain email addresses from a group of people by selecting Custom.
2. Recommended setting for IM screen names, for others to contact you via instant messaging, should be set to Only me or Friends.
3. Facebook, if you followed the guide correctly, should not have listed any of your phone numbers you may have added via Facebook Mobile to 'Public. Recommended setting is Only me or Friends.
You can also put your work or home address on Facebook, but this should not be put on there at all. Your home address is one of the most personal things you will have in life.
4. Recommended setting for Town/City is Friends.
Remember: By all means but your rough location, such as your town or city, but do not put your address on Facebook. If you do, set it to Only me.
5. You may have a website that you want others to visit. If it is a personal blog or page, set it to Friends or Only me.
However: If you want others to visit your public blog or page, this is the only setting on Facebook you should set as Public. Use with caution.