5 of 12Image
Where you should be: Profile > Edit Profile > Friends and family tab.
- - -
1. Recommended setting for Relationship Status should be Friends or Only me. Remember, that if you list someone as in a relationship with them, their profile will be linked to from your profile page.
2. Recommended setting for Family members is Friends. Remember, that if you list someone as a member of your family, their profile will be linked to from your profile page.
Remember: many expectant parents tell people of their expected child after the first trimester. It is recommended that this option is used carefully.
3. Featured friends allows you to create lists of friends which can be displayed at the top of your profile. Recommended setting for this is Friends.
Where you should be: Profile > Edit Profile > Education and Work tab.
- - -
1. Recommended setting for Employer is Friends.
2. Recommended setting for University is Friends.
3. Recommended setting for Secondary school is Friends.
However: if you select Custom you can open this up to others within your network, which you may already be a part of. This allows you to connect with friends and colleagues who are already in the same network as you, as per your university or workplace.
Remember: people may be able to search for you based on your Employer or University fields.
Where you should be: Profile > Edit Profile > Philosophy tab.
- - -
1. Recommended setting for Religion is Friends or Only me.
2. Recommended setting for Political views is Friends or Only me.
Take note: politics and religion are extremely personal to people; rightfully so. Be careful when populating these fields, if you choose to.
3. Recommended setting for People who inspire you is Friends.
4. Recommended setting for Favourite Quotations is Friends. Remember: this field can be populated with any text you like.
Remember: the content you fill in here will mean that you automatically "like" the page associated with that content -- which will then mean you subscribe to the content of that page.