Software providers Pivotal and virtualization giant VMware said Tuesday the Cloud Foundry-powered Pivotal CF is now supported by the VMware vCloud Hybrid Service.
According to Pivotal and VMware, the new compatibility offers a turnkey hybrid PaaS to development teams seeking rapid cloud deployment and scalability. In addition, with vCloud serving as another IaaS layer, developers have the ability to move applications between private and public clouds with no code configuration or changes.
Bill Fathers, SVP and GM of the Hybrid Cloud Services Business Unit for VMware, said in a statement:
VMware vCloud Hybrid Service makes it possible for new and existing applications to run on the same platform as they have on premises, simplifying the transition to a hybrid cloud future. Enterprise developers using vCloud Hybrid Service can leverage Pivotal CF to take advantage of the industry's most powerful enterprise platform for building, deploying and scaling modern applications.
Pivotal CF is expected to be available on VMware vCloud Hybrid Service this quarter.
- VMware launching new cloud service for disaster recovery
- VMware mobile-cloud vision stirs memories of Sun 'network is computer'
- VMware's Horizon 6 launches, targets Citrix
- VMware launching vCloud Government Service for public sector
- EMC eyes software defined storage, courts hybrid data centers
- Intel, GE and Verizon among new batch of Cloud Foundry Foundation members