Web-hosting company Rackspace is joining the Vormetric Cloud Partner Program, with plans to utilize encryption and key management services from Vormetric's Transparent Encryption solution.
More specifically, Rackspace customers will be able to secure data-at-rest environments within Rackspace's managed cloud. That extra level of security is needed for Rackspace customers with heavy compliance requirements, such as government or healthcare organizations.
Rackspace customers will also enjoy a boost in encryption speed within their managed cloud environments. The Vormetric Transparent Encryption tool touts a high speed, hardware-based encryption method using Intel AES-NI and Secure Key technologies.
Vormetric's VP of cloud C.J. Radford reiterated the security benefit the collaboration brings to Rackspace’s managed cloud:
"Given that security is the No. 1 concern of enterprises looking to embrace cloud and hosting solutions, Vormetric gives Rackspace's customers the ability to use Vormetric's Transparent Encryption solution within Rackspace environments. By using Vormetric Transparent Encryption, Rackspace customers can seamlessly protect data with encryption and access controls, keep control of encryption keys within the enterprise, and gather the security intelligence that can identify when an attack is in progress."
- Rackspace entertains possible takeover suitors
- Rackspace ramps up managed cloud services as IaaS competition starts to bite
- Rackspace unveils OnMetal cloud servers that aren't made for sharing
- Rackspace cuts its cloud pricing; Race to bottom is on
- Rackspace beats Q1 earnings targets with $421M in revenue
- Google, AWS, Rackspace affected by Heartbleed OpenSSL flaw - but Azure escapes