Salesforce's AppExchange has passed the 2 million install mark for business applications.
The milestone highlights how Salesforce's platform is steadily building an ecosystem for developers. The enterprise app store market is fairly splintered, but Salesforce is among the largest. Google also has a large enterprise app market as does Intuit for smaller companies.
- It took 6 years for AppExchange to hit 1 million installations and 2 years to hit 2 million.
- AppExchange has 1,966 apps available today, up from 1,700 this time a year ago.
- There are 10,000 installs a week.
- An installation every 40 seconds.
- 92 percent of apps are installed at least once every 90 days.
- 70 percent of Fortune 100 have installed an app.
- There are more than 10 industry categories.
- Overall, Salesforce has been reaching out to developers and building its ecosystem.