Back in February, I wrote 10 reasons the Galaxy S5 was an excellent choice for the business user. Today, AT&T announced the Galaxy S5 Active, adding a bit more durability for the worker who spends time out of the office.
The S5 Active has the same internal specifications as the Galaxy S5, but adds a couple of physical buttons adjacent to the center home button and a more rugged shock-resistant case. There is also a new application called Activity Zone, launched with a new dedicated side button, that looks to improve on the S Health service.
It is available for the same contract price, $199.99, with a full price of $714.99. The S5 full price is $649.99. You can buy it in camo green, titanium gray, or ruby red. AT&T is also offering $50 off the Gear Fit when you buy the S5 Active.
Thanks to Android Central for the heads-up on the news.
Related Galaxy S5 coverage
- Experiences with the Samsung Galaxy S5 on AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile
- Samsung Galaxy S5 review: Another solid Android smartphone that could have been better
- One month with the HTC One (M8) and Samsung Galaxy S5
- Samsung Galaxy S5 first take: Can it trump the new HTC One?
- Why Samsung's Galaxy S5 is the best business smartphone