Microsoft employees found using eBay site to auction copies of Windows 2000 software at deep discounts
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
Microsoft employees found using eBay site to auction copies of Windows 2000 software at deep discounts.
What would it mean to the industry if Microsoft Corp. is required to "auction off" its Windows source code -- as 19 state attorney generals are expected to propose as they enter settlement discussions with Microsoft and the Department of Justice this week?
Reports that Microsoft may be forced to give up Windows have met with a mixed response by analysts and observers who disagree on whether the move would benefit the industry.
Microsoft Corp. reacted coolly to a report that the state attorneys general intend to ask the software giant to give up control of the Windows operating system, possibly through an auction.
Negotiators want to ask software giant to give up control overthe operating system.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 3 31 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 4 Seven privacy settings you should change immediately in iOS 8
- 5 Review: Tile Bluetooth tag (verdict: Great)