Law enforcement officials in the Netherlands have seized and disconnected 143 servers linked to the dangerous Bredolab botnet.
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
Dutch police have uprooted a large information-stealing botnet known as Bredolab, thought to have infected more than 30 million computers.
Authorities in the Netherlands have arrested the suspected mastermind and seized the servers behind the malware-spamming botnet, which was built in layers 'like an onion' for protection
Malware Watch: Fake Patch Tuesday emails, fake MSRT tool, spamvertised Bredolab, Android mobile malware
This week's Malware Watch features three currently active malware campaigns - fake Patch Tuesday emails, BREDOLAB-malware serving emails, fake MSRT tool, and the the first (reported) SMS-trojan targeting Android users.
Facebook is warning its users on an ongoing BredoLab malware serving campaign using the well known "Facebook Password Reset Confirmation Customer Support" social engineering theme.
Virus hunters are raising the alarm for a large-scale spam attack that uses fake Facebook password-reset messages to trick PC users into downloading a dangerous piece of malware.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Windows 10: You've got questions, I've got answers
- 2 Hands-on with Windows 10: Installing the latest Technical Preview
- 3 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 4 31 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 5 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)