Sound bites from Sun CEO Scott McNealy:"We want IBM to start donating its own intellectual property to the community. You need a little more than that hammer and chisel.
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
The "Esther" processor that IBM Microelectronics is making for Via Technologies is another step in Big Blue's plan to become the helping hand to chipmakers in need.
IBM says it will manufacture power-management chips for Intersil next year, in a continued effort by Big Blue to become a big brother to smaller chipmakers.
The company plans to come out with server chips tailored for every taste and budget in 2003, in a bid to take market share from other chipmakers such as Sun Microsystems and IBM.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 3 31 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 4 Seven privacy settings you should change immediately in iOS 8
- 5 Review: Tile Bluetooth tag (verdict: Great)