Late last week, an important plate in VMWare's proprietary battle armor was cracked open when Fluid Operations, the company behind the eCloudmanager storage virtualization product open-sourced on the community Google Code site their clean room implementation of VMFS, the clustered locking file system used by VMWare's ESX Server hypervisor product.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 3 31 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 4 Seven privacy settings you should change immediately in iOS 8
- 5 Review: Tile Bluetooth tag (verdict: Great)