The GSM Association's director of technology, Dan Warren, demonstrates Voice-over-LTE, the IP-based voice- and video-calling technology that is likely to dominate once 4G is the norm
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
Despite some handset compatibility and call quality issues in our tests, Cicero Networks' softphone could prove valuable for mobile professionals with Wi-Fi-equipped Windows Mobile smartphones.
Cicero Networks' softphone provides access to VoIP services over Wi-Fi and GSM networks from a single dialler. When seamless roaming between Wi-Fi and GSM is implemented, CiceroPhone should prove very useful. However, a Wi-Fi-equipped Windows Mobile smartphone may be a more convenient platform than a handheld.
3G3G refers to a group of third-generation mobile IP telephony standards, based on work done by the International Telecommunications Union (ITU). W-CDMA, also known as UMTS, tends to be predominant in countries where GSM networks are used (mainly in Europe), while in the US and Asia, plain CDMA (without the W-) reigns.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Windows 10: You've got questions, I've got answers
- 2 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 3 Hands-on with Windows 10: Installing the latest Technical Preview
- 4 31 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 5 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)