The company has updated its Cloud SQL service, increasing the maximum size of databases tenfold and the maximum size of instances fourfold. Users can also now choose whether they want their database stored in a US or EU datacentre.
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
AWS launches its Relational Database Service in the EU, allowing companies to more easily comply with regional data protection laws
The news has just broken that the European Commission is about to kick-off a protracted investigation into Oracle's purchase of Sun Microsystems. EU authorities are concerned about the implications for the open source database MySQL owned by Sun.
Following an EU ruling, the DNA details of around 850,000 people suspected of a crime but later cleared could be removed from the UK's database
The UK government could face the wrath of EU lawmakers if it proceeds with plans to build a database to store all digital communication transactions for seven years.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 3 31 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 4 Seven privacy settings you should change immediately in iOS 8
- 5 Review: Tile Bluetooth tag (verdict: Great)