Yesterday, in reponse to Microsoft’s Patent Pledge for Non-Compensated Developers (which was an integral part of last week's pact between the software giant and Novell), Software Freedom Law Center CTO Bradley Kuhn issued a tersely worded warning to the Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) community that the pledge is of "little value.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 3 31 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 4 Seven privacy settings you should change immediately in iOS 8
- 5 Review: Tile Bluetooth tag (verdict: Great)