Software patents are a fact of life. Their abolition isn't achievable, writes the author of the FOSSPatents blog.
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
Jeremy Allison, leader of the Samba project, views Microsoft's patent suit against TomTom as part of wider attempt to undermine the open-source GPL software licence
Microsoft finally has thrown down the gauntlet and is claiming publicly that free and open-source software (FOSS) violates 235 Microsoft patents. Why has Microsoft decided to go public now with these numbers?
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 33 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 2 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 3 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 4 Seven privacy settings you should change immediately in iOS 8
- 5 So you have an app idea and want to make a bajillion bucks