SEATTLE (Reuters) -- Microsoft Corp. has reworked its Web-based services strategy, shifting tactics from an initial plan to act as the main gatekeeper for customer data, to providing basic software to let companies build their own versions of such services, the company said on Thursday.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 34 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 3 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 4 Election 2016: How to filter politically sanctimonious Facebook posts from your news feed
- 5 So you have an app idea and want to make a bajillion bucks