SEATTLE (Reuters) -- Microsoft Corp. has reworked its Web-based services strategy, shifting tactics from an initial plan to act as the main gatekeeper for customer data, to providing basic software to let companies build their own versions of such services, the company said on Thursday.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 3 31 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 4 Seven privacy settings you should change immediately in iOS 8
- 5 Review: Tile Bluetooth tag (verdict: Great)