SEATTLE (Reuters) -- Microsoft Corp. has reworked its Web-based services strategy, shifting tactics from an initial plan to act as the main gatekeeper for customer data, to providing basic software to let companies build their own versions of such services, the company said on Thursday.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Windows 10: You've got questions, I've got answers
- 2 Hands-on with Windows 10: Installing the latest Technical Preview
- 3 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 4 31 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 5 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)